Domestic cleaning services for your home at 020 3026 9670

Monday, February 4, 2013

DIY Solutions and Carpet Cleaning Tips

Like many women I'm a multi-task person, I go to work, take care of the children, tidy, cook, clean and whatever else comes to your mind. This leaves me very little spare time, most of the weekends I spend in thorough cleaning the entire home, because I have two adorable children a dog and they make quite a mess. But somehow I manage with everything, I should probably thank my mother because she tough me everything I know. Of course sometimes I too seek the professional help of a cleaning company.


Fast and Easy Cleaning Tips For the Whole House

Along with the bathroom, kitchen and living-room you have to pay attention to the upholstery of furniture, curtains, rugs and carpets. I preform a thorough cleaning of all the above every month, sometimes even often. The most time consuming of all is the big carpet in the living-room, most of my upholstery is high quality leather, which can't be stained easily. I don't want to tell you how to decorate your home, I'll just give you some tips on how to clean your carpet fast and easy all by yourself.

When you decide to deep clean your carpet, you should choose a hot day so it can dry fast, there is nothing more dangerous than mold and if you're not careful your carpet may become a breeder for harmful microorganisms. Before you start cleaning you should open all windows to let fresh air into the room. Then remove all furniture to gain access to the entire carpet and remove your shoes and socks, even if your carpet is not that dirty you risk forcing the grime deep into its fibers.

I almost forgot, make sure your carper it tolerant to liquid before you start cleaning it otherwise you risk permanent damage and you'll have to replace it. Prepare clean dry towels, two buckets of warm water, some liquid dish or laundry detergent, white vinegar, baking soda and sponges. You probably won't need them all, but since I don't know in what condition is your carpet, better be prepared. Always preform a spot test in an inconspicuous area to check for bleeding or discolouration.

Did you know that baking soda is a perfect deodorizer, it can remove bad smell from almost everything. You have two ways of approach, you can mix the white vinegar or the liquid detergent in the first bucket. Do not worry about the smell of the vinegar, because it will disappear right after it has dried. In this case you won't need the bucket with the clean water. If you choose to use the cleaner, prepare for rinsing.

Use a small amount of the cleaner, otherwise you risk to 'over-shampoo' the carpet and rising will be very hard. This may result in over-wetting it or the forming of sticky dust attracting residue. No matter what you shouldn't rub, because you can damage the fibers and force dirt deeper. After you're done leave the carpet to dry and vacuum it again, to fluff the fabric. If you don't want risk your investment I recommend you hire professional carpet cleaners.

0 comments:

Post a Comment