Domestic cleaning services for your home at 020 3026 9670

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Perils when Removing Ketchup from the Wall

My kids usually love our weekends. We usually play around the house, do a lot of stuff together and we always sit down for dinner together. Family dinners are always fun, we share a lot about what happened through the week, we tell each other different stories, kid around and always have fun. As you know kids love junk food like french fries, burgers etc. , every kid likes to add ketchup. Some kids even eat ketchup, it is not good but explaining what is good and bad to a child is a difficult process.

Once we were having french fries, vegetables and steaks and the kids wanted to put ketchup on the fries naturally. In the end there was a little left in bottle and I tried to shake the ketchup so it can fall easier, what I didn't noticed was that the cap was opened. While I was shaking it, the ketchup went out of the bottle and got on the wall. I felt a horror when I saw the ketchup dropping slowly. The first thing I thought was to call professional cleaners W13 but then I decided that I can do it myself.

I simply scraped off the excess ketchup with a spoon for starters to prevent the ketchup from spreading. After doing some research I applied a little laundry detergent on the stain, but I stared to scrub afterwards. Scrubbing the stain made it worse and after that I had to repaint the small bit on the wall.

If you ever clean ketchup off a wall never scrub hard, this is an advice from professional cleaners W13. If you get a spill I would recommend using a professional help that way you know that you can't mess something up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment