Domestic cleaning services for your home at 020 3026 9670

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Save Your Wet Carpet


I assume you all know how to choose and maintain your carpets and rugs. Like most of you I made quite the research before buying one. I asked a lot of questions on how to clean it, what detergents I should use, how often should I seek the assistance of a cleaning company and so on. Andi thought I know it all. That I was prepared for everything, and in fact I managed to preserve my investment quite long. Until one day I came home from a vacation, because my home was flooded.



Your Home Is Flooded – Now What?

Can you imagine a pipe in the kitchen broke and everything was, I can't even find the words to describe it. Good thing I gave the keys to a neighbor and as soon as he found out, he called me. By the time I was home technicians have already made repairs and I had to deal with the consequences. The thing is I had no idea what to do and I was too proud to call a cleaning company. Like most women I did the only thing I could come up with – called my mother and asked her for advice.

First was the usual scolding, which I still barely handle, but somehow I managed to stay calm. Then came the actual explaining on how to manage the situation. It was a long lecture and I was on the brink of going mad, but it was worth. Here are some tips about how to save carpets and rugs if your home is flooded. The saving operation can be preformed if the flooding is sanitary. Assuming this is the case here is what you should to do.

The Rescue Operation

First of all get rid of the water. Clean everything with disinfectant to kill any germs and prevent mold from developing. If there is strange odour, sprinkle generously with baking soda and leave for a day. If you want you can apply some hydrogen peroxide, before the soda to increase the cleaning effect. Don't use perfume or air fresheners, they won't work. Some lemon juice mixed with water is much better option. After the day has passed vacuum thoroughly.

Unfortunately some paddings can't be properly dried and you should throw them away, otherwise mold and bacteria will develop, causing health problems. Although you can handle the situation on your own, I recommend you seek professional help in case of flooding. Carpet cleaning in Chelsea company have experience in this kind of situations and can give you valuable information. How to avoid such problems and which are the best carpets for every room.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment